Thursday 28 April 2011

Restaurant Scene - Frazer Character designs.


Whilst developing Frazer (character below) i've always had the idea due to the dialogue that this has to take place in a restaurant and no thanks to the background Mexican sounding music lol.

The lines in the speech immediately lead to me thinking why does this guy have irritable bowl syndrome he doesn't exactly sound like a strong Hench type of guy so I decided on the opposite. He sounds to be a weak guy, maybe prone to illness rubbish in a fight etc.




The 1st approach was a mix of thin

scruffy and nerdy typed characters.












...with further development I came

closer to establishing my characters

looks...











...again I played on variations of

how the character could look .

I was edging towards the bottom

right character but thinking he still

needed to appear weaker.






With the body out of the picture I

thought the stereotypical ginger

and freckles nerdy look could

contribute to making my character

appear perhaps less of a brute.





....the design now nearly finalized

I thought it necessary to sketch out

some action poses that could be

used either in my scene or just to

help me further understand my own

character .





...more characters expressions.














Finally the character was finished.

I've defined him as smart dressed

young lad who's not a deadbeat

nerd but neither mr popular. As a

result I would say he's just an

average guy but with a small

nerdy/quiet side. He can argue his point but is never confrontational.

No comments:

Post a Comment